I am certified in Canine Obedience Instruction through Animal Behavior College and a member of the Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT). I have the education and the experience working with dogs since 2004. I have trained, fostered and rescued several hundred dogs and every dog has been a different and exciting experience!
- Learning and reinforcing simple cues such as sit, stay, down, come/recall, leave it/drop it and “go to your place”
- Stopping unwanted behaviors e.g., barking, jumping, nipping and any other behavior you see as problematic
- Reinforcing house-breaking rules
- Help with leash reactivity and leash manners
- Support and guidance with your new puppy or new adult dog
What does “Training Positively” mean?
This is how I choose to work with you and your dog, using only gentle and firm reinforcements of good behavior and refraining from harsh, intimidating and physical corrections of unwanted behaviors. You will learn how to better understand and communicate with your dog since dogs are constantly telling us what they need and want and we just keep missing the signals. We will work together to prevent problem behaviors from occurring or address them in the early stages so they don’t become overwhelming and out of control. Training is tailored to you and your dog’s needs with a realistic approach on how to live a happy life with your canine pal.
I offer training during paid dog walks and pet sitting for an addition fee
I am also available for Walk and Train groups , CGC classes and Basic & Behavior 101 group classes. Check back for details!
$145 for 90 minute private sessions, three and five session packages are also available…Call for pricing! For many issues multiple sessions are needed to follow up, troubleshoot and evaluate progress on behavior problems. Dog training is about repetition, consistency and communication. My professional guidance will help resolve these unwanted behaviors.
THE HAPPY PUPPY PACKAGE $525 – 1 two hour session, and 3 one hour follow up sessions. Bringing a new puppy or dog into your home is an exciting and important time. Your first few weeks together will set the tone for your relationship and it’s very important to make it a positive experience for both your puppy and you. During our initial session I’ll help you set up your home for your new arrival, tell you what to expect and give you guidance on house training, household rules, socialization with other dogs and children, as well as make recommendations on diet, toys and supplies. Then we use the next three sessions to troubleshoot any issues or difficulties you may be having as well as teach some basic obedience and household manners. If you invest the time and money in your dog when he is a puppy, the result will be a excellent adult dog that will pay you back tenfold in love each and every day.
I recommend that packages be used within 4 weeks to 3 months, but they must be completed within six months of purchase.
Mini Walk and Train ~ 1 hour total ~ $25 (throughout Spring, Summer and Fall)
These short, easy hikes consist of walking with a small group of 4-6 dogs and their owners for a “real life” experience. These are great for socialization and will strengthen the bond you have with your dog. We take random breaks to review some training questions and then end with a brief impromptu training class.
- Proof of your dog’s current rabies vaccination certificate or vaccine titer results
- 4-6 foot leash. NO RETRACTABLE LEASHES. No electric collars. Please use a well fitted harness, flat collar, or martingale .
- One dog per person.
- Bring some extra yummy/high valued dog treats in order to help your dog with anxiety, reactive behaviors, focus and counter conditioning.
- Bring water for yourself & your dog.
- Keep your dogs ID tags on.
Canine Good Citizen (CGC)~Responsible Owners, Well-Mannered Dogs!
I am an AKC Approved CGC Evaluator. I believe in making YOU a responsible dog parent. Plus, good behavior is a desirable trait in all dogs.The AKC’s Canine Good Citizen program is recognized as the gold standard for dog behavior. In CGC, dogs who pass the 10 step CGC test will earn a certificate!
So how does a dog become a Canine Good Citizen? They must pass a specific 10-step test prepared by the AKC and administered by an AKC-approved evaluator. All dogs that pass the test will receive a certificate from the AKC that proudly announces that the dog has passed the test.
The ten-step CGC certification tests the following:
- Greets a friendly stranger.
- Sits politely for petting.
- Welcomes being groomed, brushed; allows paws and ears to be handled.
- Walks as directed on a loose leash.
- Moves politely through a crowd.
- Sits, lies down and stays in place on command.
- Comes when called.
- Behaves politely around other dogs.
- Reacts with confidence to distractions.
- Can be left with a trusted person.
Read more about the AKC Canine Good Citizen Program: http://www.akc.org/dog-owners/training/canine-good-citizen/what-is-canine-good-citizen/
STAY TUNED FOR CLASSES!
**Email me at email@example.com to be added to my mailing list for the next CGC class!